we believe that beauty can change the world.
Mission + Vision
The Simple Kind is an ethical fashion company that creates whimsical, feminine, & timeless dresses for women and children.
We are committed to empowering women locally and abroad in our production process through sustainable employment opportunities.
The Simple Kind Model
Design: In-house by our Creative Director in Denver, CO
Employment + Production: Partner with groups that empower communities/women (particularly in relation to garment/labor trafficking and/or sex trafficking)
Profits + Financial strategy: Go towards sustaining The Simple Kind as a business, which in itself empowers women through employment opportunities (for-profit business)
Marketing + Advertising: Efforts towards awareness of the current state of the fashion industry and the injustice occurring within these corrupt systems \\ empowering ads that go against the notion of competitive motivations, consumptive fashion habits, and negative self-image.
- Our partnerships contribute to lasting employment
- We generate revenue and operate as a self-sustaining business
- Our materials are sourced thoughtfully
- We advocate for policies that veer away from NGO dependence
- We believe fashion should facilitate self-expression rather than disempowering comparison and competition
- We strive for excellence in quality and craftsmanship
- Our work environment facilitates beauty + peace
- Our partners fight exploitation at the root
- Awareness campaigns will diminish demand for an exploitative fashion model
- We offer an alternative to high-risk environments with low-opportunity models
- We advocate for not only a living wage, but also positive conditions, fair policies, and a system of employment that allows for promotion .
- Our company culture strives for honesty and kindness
- We strive for transparency in marketing campaigns, finances, and sourcing partners
- We value committed, loyal relationships in partnerships and employees
- We believe in the inherent value of cultural perspective + traditional skills
- Our company culture respects the dignity of all employees
- We refuse to exploit or exaggerate the stories of individuals/groups for profit
- Story connects buyers with makers in thoughtful, effective ways